Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Why a Blog?

It is really not that I find my life so interesting.

First up, I am a frustrated writer. I have no literary talent but have tons of journals that I started to capture the words trying to escape my brain through my fingers. None are completed, heck some are just a few pages of ink.

Secondly it is apparent that something about packing up all your possessions and moving away from your home, family and friends in a busy city to a rundown farm and 100+ year old house purchased sight unseen over the Internet is interesting to others. But boring to repeat after the hundredth or so time.

So here we are. For the first time in my adult life, the last three years did not lend to me starting a journal or any type of method to document my journey other that brief, sometimes illogical entries in my computer calendar.

So to the best of my ability, here is the story of my life in North Carolina. The good, the bad and the ugly. Kinda like Lucille Ball meets Martha Stewart.

And make no mistake that even if I poke fun at my new home and community, it is really a slice of heaven on earth. I have loved it hear since the day I arrived.

6 comments: